The Center of Excellence Professorship in Experimental Nanoscale Physics and The John M. Palms Bicentennial ChairSumwalt 125
Physics and Astronomy
University of South Carolina
Columbia, South Carolina 29208
- Ph.D., University of California at San Diego (1973)
- M.S., University of California at San Diego (1970)
- B.A., University of California at Berkeley (1968)
Spin dynamics of spin valves and magnetorestive multilayers
Decoherence and high frequency properties of mesoscopic devices.
Development of coupled electron spins as Qbits for a quantum computer and measurements of entangled electron spin decoherence times.
- Yuanzhen Chen and Richard A. Webb, “Positive Current Correlations Associated with Super-Poissonian Shot Noise”, Physical Review Letters, 97, 066604 (2006).
- Samir Garzon, Igor Zutic, and Richard A. Webb, “Temperature Dependent asymmetry of the nonlocal spin-injection resistance: evidence for spin non-conserving interface scattering” Phys. Rev. Let. 94, 176601 (2005).
- P. Mohanty and R.A. Webb, “High Field Measurements of the Electron Decoherence Time in Metallic Nano Wires: Switching off the Magnetic Impurity Spins”, Phys. Rev. Lett. 91, 066604 (2003).
- Pritiraj Mohanty and Richard A. Webb, “Anomalous Conductance Distribution in Quasi- One Dimension: Possible Violation of One-Parameter Scaling Hypothesis”, Phys. Rev. Lett. 88, 146601 (2002).
- P. Mohanty, E.M.Q. Jariwala, and R.A. Webb, “Intrinsic Decoherence in Mesoscopic Systems”, Phys. Rev. Lett. 78, 3366-3369 (1997).