Thomas M. Crawford
Associate ProfessorSumwalt 123A
Physics and Astronomy
University of South Carolina
Columbia, South Carolina 29208
- Ph.D. Physics 1997 University of Colorado Boulder, CO
- M.S. Physics 1995 University of Colorado Boulder, CO
- B.S. Physics 1992 Haverford College Haverford, PA
To inspire a diverse team of students and faculty to make new discoveries and drive fundamental innovation in single spin nanotechnology.
- T. M. Crawford, R. J. M. van de Veerdonk, M. D. Bedillion, W. Koelmans, A. K. Langzettel, B. P. O’Connor, B. Novotnak, and B. Lane Seven-axis tester with servo-controlled fly-height for magnetic recording metrology. Proc. Of ASPE October 2006.
- M. R. Fitzsimmons, T. J. Silva, and T. M. Crawford. Surface oxidation of Permalloy thin films. Phys. Rev. B 73 014420 (2006).
- M. Covington, Y. Yang, T. M. Crawford, N. J. Gokemeijer, and M. A. Seigler, Magnetization dynamics driven by spin momentum transfer. Proc. SPIE Int. Soc. Opt. Eng. 5843 11 (2005).
- N. J. Gokemeijer, T. W. Clinton, T. M. Crawford, and M. Johnson, Direct Measurement of Magnetic Recording Head Field Using a Microscopic InAs Hall Sensor on a Contact Write/Read Tester. J. Magn. Magn. Mat. 290 254 (2005).
- N. J. Gokemeijer, T. W. Clinton and T. M. Crawford, and M. Johnson, Recording head metrology at sub-100 nm device dimensions. J. Appl. Phys. 97, 083912 (2005)